Good Friday Morning, Washington Nationals Fans. Who’s ready for the big game on Saturday Night?
Today’s Morning Briefing is brought to you by BreakingT. BreakingT offers high-quality, real-time sports merchandise with original designs. Products include T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, masks, prints, and more. Get the latest Washington Football T-shirt to celebrate Washington’s Division Championship: “WFT Happend.” Click here to purchase yours today.
Today’s Top Story: Did the Nationals Track to win the NL East Just Become Harder? What should the Nationals Next Move Be?
The East just got a lot more interesting today with the Mets adding Lindor and Carrasco, a giant headline, but what does it mean for the Nats?
It means two things. First, their path to the postseason may have just gotten much harder. These two are tremendous additions to that lineup and that dugout. They are both leaders and players that will have an impact on the Mets from day one. This move pushes the Nats to a clear third place on paper. The Phillies are the Phillies and have not been concerning for a decade, the Marlins could take a step up to that 3rd place on the paper spot, but time will tell if what we saw in that 60 game sprint was real. The offseason winner rarely wins the season, but they have indeed become a much more annoying opponent.
Latest on The Nats Report
- The Morning Briefing: Breaking Overnight George Springer Signs with Toronto Blue Jays
- BREAKING: New York Mets Owner Steve Cohen fires New Jared Porter after revelations of in-appropriate text messages (Update with Sandy Alderson Statement)
- The Morning Briefing: Jon Lester Joins the Washington Nationals and ESPN’s Bombshell Report
- Report: The Washington Nationals are Close to Signing Veteran Pitcher Jon Lester (Update: Confirmed)
- Feinsand: Nationals Have Interest in Jeremy Jeffress
This move also means that the Nationals offseason will be scrutinized more than ever. As always, Rizzo has a plan to put together a 90 win team, and this offseason is no different. Just because the Mets made a considerable addition does not mean that the Nats should run out and overpay for a Realmuto or Springer, it may prompt the team to open up a little more, but they cannot be reactionary. They need to stick to the plan that they have to fill the holes that the numbers and scouts say should be filled differently. This team will make more additions and make ones they believe will get the Nats to that 90 win total.
The move may define the East this year, but it should not determine the Nat’s approach.
On a lighter note: Yesterday, Gerardo Parra got a nice new present delivered to his house. We must say, it’s pretty, pretty nice. Click here to view the video.
Podcast Alert: Yesterday, since it was National Bobblehead Day, we published a bouns episode where we profiled a Washington Nationals bobblehead enthusiast. Listen to the episode on your favorite podcasting platform, and then don’t forget to subscribe, review, and rate.
Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines and News
- Washington Nationals’ window still open for now, but time is quickly running out… via Federal Baseball
- The entire landscape of the NL East, NL, and MLB changed today with the Lindor trade! via Talk Nats
- Time for Turner to get his due (and his dollars) via MASN Sports Washington
- Smith just getting started. Her goal? Manager via MLB
- Yankees counter Mets blockbuster trade by signing former 15-game winner via NJ.com
- Francisco Lindor trade grades: Mets fleece Cleveland in MLB offseason’s biggest move via CBS Sports
Around the NL East
New York Mets
- MMO Roundtable: Reactions To Blockbuster Lindor Trade via MetsMerized
- How good can Atlanta Braves lineup be with a healthy Ozzie Albies? via Tomahawktake
- Crazy or Not? Could Turner Fit in Miami? via Fish Stripes