Good Wednesday Morning, Washington Nationals Fans.
Thank you for starting the day with us.
Today’s Morning Briefing is brought to you by BreakingT. BreakingT offers high-quality, real-time sports merchandise with original designs. Products include T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, masks, prints, and more. Purchase your favorite Washington Nationals BreakingT shirt. Howie Kendrick’s Clang to the Soto Shuffle, celebrate the Washington Nationals in style, and don’t forget to #WeartheMoment.
Today’s Top Story: Why a full 162 Game Season is good for everyone.
Yesterday on the Nats Report, Richard wrote an article about why MLB should be working towards having a full 162 game season and why it is good for everyone. From the article: “According to a report by Bob Nightengale of USA Today yesterday, Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred informed clubs Monday that they should be preparing for spring training to start on time in February and to plan on a full 162-game season being played. In the report, Nightengale mentions that Major League Baseball was hoping to delay the season by at least a month to provide more time for players and fans to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, enabling fans to get back into ballparks earlier. But the Major League Baseball Players Association vigorously fought it. While it’s unknown when fans will be permitted to attend games in the stadium and attend Spring Training games in Florida and Arizona, planning on having a full season is good for everyone and should be applauded even the staff of the teams.” [Click here to read the full article]
Washington Nationals Pitching prospect Cade Cavalli had a great interview with TalkNats.com. From the interview: “You can see why the Nationals are so excited about Rutledge and Cavalli. Both are focusing on that control and command and repeating their mechanics from the same arm slot. One of the interesting parts of the conversation was Cavalli talking about when he was a first baseman and would hunt the fastball and the best pitchers came at him with a good changeup from the same arm slot.” [Click here to read the full article]
Don’t forget to listen to Richard’s interview with Cade Cavalli. It’s worth the listen. After listening, please give the podcast a review and subscribe.
Today on the Nats Report, we will be doing a deep dive into International Signings and their history for the Washington Nationals. If you ever have wondered about the Washington Nationals, past picks, and what International signings are all about, this is a must-read.
These teams will win the next 10 World Series. An interesting article was published on MLB.com, and as Washington Nationals fans, you are not going to like it. The article predicts the MLB teams that will win the next ten World Series. Don’t worry, Nationals fans; no one expected that the Nationals would win in 2019 after their 19-31 start, so sometimes predictions aren’t right, but it’s a fun read.
Latest on the Nats Report
- The Morning Briefing: What will the NL East Look like in 2021
- Taking a closer look at the most recent Eugenio Suarez Rumor to the Nationals.
- Where do the Washington Nationals Stand after the recent signing of OF Kyle Schwarber
- Baseball Legend Tommy Lasorda Passes Away at 93
- Josh Bell a Leader Off and On the Field: Taking a Closer Look at the Washington Nationals Newest Player
Latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines and News
- Washington Nationals’ pitching search: What will Mike Rizzo add to the mix before the start of Spring Training? via Federal Baseball
- Report: DJ LeMahieu ‘dismayed’ by Yankees via NBC Sports Washington
- Nationals: Perfect bullpen piece is someone you’re familiar with via District on Deck
- 5 teams with most to gain from big move via MLB
- Yankees are still waiting on DJ LeMahieu; here’s why that may have cost them already this offseason via CBS Sports
- Detroit Tigers: A last chance for Michael Fulmer in 2021 via Call to the Bullpen
- Baseball Hall of Fame debate: Billy Wagner’s path to Cooperstown may be opening up via USA Today
Around the NL East
New York Mets
- Mets Want Francisco Lindor to Stay Long-Term via Mets Merized Online
- Batavia Muckdogs join Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League via Fish Stripes
- Braves Potential Free Agent Target: Jonathan Villar via Talking Chop
- Could the Phillies somehow end up with both J.T. Realmuto and Didi Gregorius? via NBC Sports Philadelphia