Good Friday Morning, Washington Nationals Fans. We made it to the end of the week. And we have baseball to write about this weekend!
Today’s weather in West Palm Beach, according to the National Weather Service:
Sunny, with a high near 80. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Make sure to follow The Nats Report on Twitter for updates on the latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball during the day!
Exhibition Games Begin: 3 Days
Opening Day 2021: 35 Days
2021 MLB All-Star Game: 138 Days
Today’s Morning Briefing was written by Richard
Today’s Top Story: Baseball will be played this WEEKEND!
Well, the wait is almost over, Nationals Fans; we only have three more days until the Washington Nationals will face off against the St. Louis Cardinals at 1:05 pm EST at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium in Jupiter, Florida. The game will not be broadcasted on MASN Sports, so Nationals fans will have to tune to Twitter and beat reporters at the game for the latest game information. We wil let you know if anything changes. You can watch the game on Fox Sports Midwest per Frank at Nationals Source
Talking about Spring Training schedules… Yesterday the Washington Nationals released where fans can listen to Spring Training games. Click here to see the full schedule on our Spring Training Note Page.
Nats Fans will have to wait till Monday to see some baseball action on Nationals.com
Need to get even more pumped for Spring Training? Well, listen to my recent chat with Washington Nationals Washington Post beat Reporter Jesse Dougherty and NBC Sports Washington Nationals reporter Matt Weyrich, and we talked all things Washington Nationals.
We talked about some of the offseason signings, what it is like down at Spring Training this year, and much more!
Does Bryce Harper Take a Shot at the Washington Nationals? Or does any Nationals Fan Care any more?
I guess I had to include this story about EX-Washington Nationals RF Bryce Harper and some of his recent comments during a Zoom press conference yesterday.
During the press conference, former Washington Nationals Right fielder Bryce Harper said he feels he can speak more freely and honestly in Philly “I love playing in Philadelphia. I feel like I can be Bryce. They have let me be me”
He said Phillies have never asked him to dial it down. That leaves one major question to think about as Washington Nationals fans.
As Nationals fans, do we even care what Bryce Harper said during this press conference two years removed from him leaving Washington D.C.?
Let us know what you think by commenting to us on Twitter or Facebook!
Podcast Alert: In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report
Meet Washington National Super Fan Kyle White. Kyle has been a fan of the Washington Nationals since 2005 and has made his own memorable moments at Nats Park. Listen to Richard’s Interiew with Kyle to get some warm feelings to get you ready for this upcoming baseball season.
Are you a Washington National super fan? Do you have a great story to tell on why you LOVE the Washington Nationals and want to appear on an upcoming episode of the podcast? Reply to this email!
Perspective: The Case For Victor Robles Leading Off
Washington’s Lineup is in a weird spot right now. They have a good amount of high-level talent, but it’s not as deep as many would like, so Victor Robles might be a good option to lead off. Based on Mike Rizzo’s recent comments, it appears that the Nationals are done adding players and they haven’t been outwardly linked to anyone who hits leadoff.
Thankfully, they may have the perfect leadoff candidate on the roster in Victor Robles.
The Latest on the Nats Report
- The Last Washington Nationals Bench Spot: Yadiel Hernandez?
- 5 Washington Nationals StoryLines to pay attention to as we get ready for Spring Training
- What Does a Trea Turner Extension Look Like?
- How the Tatis Deal Impacts the Nationals & More Importantly Juan Soto
- How Hurt Was Carter Kieboom During the 2020 Season?
- What should the Nationals Do with the 5th Pitching Spot in the Rotation?
Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines
- The bullpen mix favors those with MLB success, but don’t count out Sam Clay! via TalkNats
- Nats’ bullpen looks loaded; that should help Scherzer and Strasburg via NBC Sports Washington
- Washington Nationals’ Josh Bell and Ryan Zimmerman go to work in West Palm Beach… via Federal Baseball
- Nats want Kyle Schwarber to get ‘squatty’ at the plate and return to his slugging ways via Washington Post
- Orlando Cabrera trade of 2004 came at expense of 2005 Nationals via District on Deck
- Born to run: The fastest prospects in baseball via MLB
- VIDEO: Harper calls NL East baseball’s best division via ESPN
- Moses Fleetwood Walker: editor, author and major league baseball’s first black star via The Guardian