Good Saturday Morning, Washington Nationals Fans! Thank you for starting the weekend with us! Baseball tomorrow!
Today’s weather in West Palm Beach, according to the National Weather Service:
Sunny, with a high near 80. Light east wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the Morning.
Forcast for Jupiter FL for tomorrow:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Breezy, with a southeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- 2/28/2021 at St. Louis 1:05 pm EST
- 3/12021, 2021 vs. Astros 1:05 pm EST
- 3/3/2021 vs. Marlins 1:05 pm EST
- 3/4/2021 at Mets 1:10 pm EST
- 3/5/2021 vs. St. Louis 6:05 pm EST
- 3/6/2021 at Marlins 1:05 pm EST
Opening Day 2021: 35 Days
2021 MLB All-Star Game: 138 Days
Make sure to follow The Nats Report on Twitter for updates on the latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball during the day!
Today’s Morning Briefing was written by Richard
Today’s Top Story: Erick Fedde will kick off Spring Training Season.
Yesterday afternoon, reports came out that Dave Martinez named Erick Fedde as the starting pitcher in tomorrow’s Nationals’ first spring training exhibition against the Cardinals in Jupiter. Fedde was ready, and Dave Martinez says Washing is easing in Max Scherzer after his sprained ankle injury that he suffered before Spring Training started.
The game will not be broadcasted on MASN Sports, so Nationals fans have to watch the game on Fox Sports Midwest per Frank at Nationals Source if you have an MLBTV.com package. Lucky for you, we do, and therefore, we will be posting live updates on TheNatsReport.com during the game.
Additionally, tomorrow, we will be sending a special edition of GameNotes in the Morning instead of the Morning Briefing.
We will have Wall-To-Wall Coverage throughout the day right on The Nats Report social channels and our live blog page of the National’s first Spring Training Game of the 2021 season. Are you ready?
Be ready for Spring Training and listen to “In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report”
This week, I sat down with Washington Nationals beat reporters from The Athletic and the Washington Post and NBC Sports Washington. So take a listen today while you are outside or inside.
Links to my recent chat with Washington Nationals The Athletic beat Reporter Maria Torres:
Links to my recent chat with Washington Nationals Washington Post beat Reporter Jesse Dougherty and NBC Sports Washington Nationals reporter Matt Weyrich.
MLB and MLBPA Announce Weekly COVID-19 Testing Results
Yesterday, Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball players association announced the second set of COVID-19 results conducted under MLB’s COVID-19 health and Monitoring & Testing Plan. This testing is being conducted during Spring Training.
Will Victor Robles Lead off During the Season?
Washington’s Lineup is in a weird spot right now. They have a good amount of high-level talent, but it’s not as deep as many would like, so Victor Robles might be a good option to lead off. Based on Mike Rizzo’s recent comments, it appears that the Nationals are done adding players and they haven’t been outwardly linked to anyone who hits leadoff.
Thankfully, they may have the perfect leadoff candidate on the roster in Victor Robles.
The Latest on the Nats Report
- The Last Washington Nationals Bench Spot: Yadiel Hernandez?
- 5 Washington Nationals StoryLines to pay attention to as we get ready for Spring Training
- What Does a Trea Turner Extension Look Like?
- How the Tatis Deal Impacts the Nationals & More Importantly Juan Soto
- “In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report” with Todd Radom, Graphic Designer
- Washington Nationals announce 2021 Spring Training non-roster invitees.
- What should the Nationals Do with the 5th Pitching Spot in the Rotation?
Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines
- Slimmed down Victor Robles more agile and mobile early this spring.. via Federal Baseball
- Slimmer Robles ready to reassert himself on defense, at bat via MASN Washington
- Washington Nationals announce Phil Rizzo Scout of the Year Award via Washington Nationals
- Alex Avila has experience catching Max Scherzer and Patrick Corbin. And it shows. via the Washington Post
- Bell, Zimmerman ‘excited’ to be 1B partners via MLB
- What we’re most excited for as MLB spring training games begin via ESPN
- How Cubs cost-cut their way to landing a big free agent via NBC Sports Chicago
- An Eager Pete Alonso Is Ecstatic For Season to Start via Mets Merized Online