Good Tuesday Morning, Washington Nationals Fans.
Today’s forecast for West Palm Beach via the National Weather Service: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- 3/23/2021 – Nationals @ St. Louis 1:05 pm EST
- 3/24/2021 – Nationals vs. Astros 6:05 pm EST
- 3/25/2021 – Nationals @ Marlins 6:05 pm EST
- 3/26/2021 – Nationals @ Mets 6:10 pm EST
Make sure to follow The Nats Report on Twitter for updates on the latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball during the day!
Opening Day: 9 Days
Today’s Morning Briefing was written by Richard and edited by Jonathan;
Today’s Top Story: Predicting the Washington Nationals Opening Day Lineup
Well, with Opening Day just days away, let’s spend some time thinking about how the Washington Nationals are going to line up when they take the field against the New York Mets on April 1, 2021.
Spring Training Notes: Back to Business
Yesterday, the Washington Nationals had their second to last day off of Spring Training. However, on Tuesday, the Nationals will travel to a friendly spring training stadium in Jupiter, FL. Patrick Corbin will get the start for the Nationals as they face off against the St. Louis Cardinals. Washington fans can watch the game via the MLBTV app with the first pitch scheduled for 1:05 pm EST.
Stay tuned to our Twitter feed today so that you will know what lineup Davey Martinez sends out against Adam Wainwright and the Cardinals. There was no additional news yesterday, out of West Palm Beach to report.
Nationals Announce Promotion Schedule for April
It’s the schedule that all Nationals fans have been waiting for: Bobbleheads and Promotional items. Yesterday, the Nationals published their promotions schedule for the month of April, including the Davey Martinez World Series Bobblehead that was supposed to be given out in 2020 but was cancelled due to COVID-19.
The Nationals are going to be giving away this bobblehead over two days instead of just one game. Also, being given out over two days is the In Park-Live Radio Lanyard sponsored by 106.7 The Fan
Podcast Alert: In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report
In the latest episode of “In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report,” Richard sits down with Washington Nationals Shortstop Prospect Jackson Cluff. They talk about his first experience in Spring Training, what it takes to be a major league player and a story about facing the 2019 World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg. Listen to the full episode on all the major podcasting platforms: Listen to the full epsiode on all the major podcasting platforms:
- Apple: http://apple.co/395B5W5
- Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2PktNXK
- Megaphone: https://bit.ly/2OOcqyE
- Web: http://bit.ly/2OP2x3J
Contract Extensions for Soto and Turner?
John Heyman, an Insider at the MLB Network, has created a bit of a buzz by tweeting [tweet link] that he “heard again that the Nats are serious about trying to lock up Trea Turner and Juan Soto again this spring. Both turned down offers last spring following the WS championship. Both are said to really like the Nats but the team would seem to have a much better chance with Turner.”
Previous comments from Mike Rizzo indicated that the Nationals have made offers to both Turner and Soto in the past and that another offer might occur during Spring Training. Frank has taken a look at a dream scenario for locking up Soto. If you haven’t read the article already, it is definitely worth your time.
ICYMI: Technology Meet Baseball, Baseball Meet Technology & Should the Nationals officially name Ryan Zimmerman “Captain” of the team for this season?
Just in case you missed it, we published two great articles on the Nats Report that are worth checking out. The first one is about how a company is going to be improving the fan experience at select baseball stadiums across the country. One of these improvements will be the wifi strength. [Click here to read the full article.]
The second article is a perspective on why the Nationals should name Ryan Zimmerman “Captain” for the upcoming season. “While the role of captain in baseball is less formal than in the other sports and most teams do not have captains, the title of Captain is an honor and something that the Nationals should do for Ryan Zimmerman for this upcoming season. [Click here to read the full article.]
ICYMI on the Nats Report
- Special Report: The Women who had an impact on Major League Baseball
- Perspective: Juan Soto Extension Dreams
- Perspective: Welcome to 2021, Where the Nationals Bullpen Is going to be a place of strength
- Nationals Linked to Top International Prospect: Cristian Vaquero
- The Last Washington Nationals Bench Spot: Yadiel Hernandez?
- What Does a Trea Turner Extension Look Like?
- How the Tatis Deal Impacts the Nationals & More Importantly Juan Soto
- “In the Clubhouse with the Nats Report” with Todd Radom, Graphic Designer
- What should the Nationals Do with the 5th Pitching Spot in the Rotation?
Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines
- Stephen Strasburg’s changeup one of the best pitches Kyle Schwarber’s seen via NBC Sports Washington
- Washington Nationals’ Davey Martinez loves having Josh Bell in lineup… via Federal Baseball
- Nationals reliever Tanner Rainey wasn’t too concerned about his rough spring training debut via The Washington Post
- Yadiel making case for OF with surge at plate via MLB/Nationals
- Teams helped, hurt by April schedules via MLB.com
- MLB Rank 2021: Ranking baseball’s best players, from 50 to 26 via ESPN.com
- Cobb spokesman: Economic impact estimates of All Star game came from MLB and Braves via the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- What Could’ve Been: Our First Look at the Cancelled Under Armour MLB Jersey via Sports Logos.Net