Atlanta Braves (0-4) vs. Washington Nationals (1-0)
LHP Max Fried (0-0; 3.60 ERA) vs. RHP Erick Fedde (0-0; 0.00 ERA)
Wednesday , April 7, 2021 | 12:05 p.m. Game #2 | Home Game #2
Nationals Park, Washington D.C.
TV: MASN 2
Radio: 106.7 the Fan
Sirius XM Radio: Channel 186
Latest Washington Nationals Headline
Today, the Washington Nationals will face the Atlanta Braves in a double hitter. The first game of the double-hitter will start at 12:05 pm EST and will only last seven innings per the new rules put in place by Major League Baseball.
Washington Nationals Story Lines
- RHP Erick Fedde will get the nod for game 1 of a double hittter today. Currently the Washington Nationals are down two starters due to COVID-19 issues.
- Last season, Fedde went 1-3 with a 4.95 ERA in eight straight starts in place of then injurred Stephen Strasburg.
- The Nationals are coming off a walk-off home opener yesterday against the Atlanta Braves. Today, we will see Erick Fedde in his 2021 season debut this afternoon, and then later at 4:05 pm EST; we will see the 2021 Season Debut of Stephen Strasburg.
- The Nationals will have a similar lineup for what they had for yesterday’s home opener against the Braves.
- Before the afternoon game, the Washington Nationals designated LHP Ben Braymer as the 27th man for today’s doubleheader.
Atlanta Braves Story Lines
- Fried had some command issues during the early portion of his Opening Day start in Philadelphia, however he ended up finding his groove towards the end of his outing in the fifth-inning.
- Fried, posted the lowest hard-hhit rate among qualified MLB pitchers last year.
- Despite jumping out to an early lead in yesterday’s game, the Atlanta Braves bullpen couldn’t hold their lead and gave up a walk-off RBI to Juan Soto in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- Ronald Acuna Jr produced a multi-homerun game off Max Scherzer, followed by NL MVP Freddie Freeman and Dansby Swanson’s home runs.
- Drew Smyly was impressive yesterday, despite giving up a two-run home run to Trea Turner and allowing a two-run double to Jonathan Lucroy.
- The Atlanta Braves have yet to win a game in 2021; they hope to change all that today.
Game Lineups (Subject To Change without Notice)
Victor Robles (CF)
Trea Turner (SS)
Juan Soto (RF)
Ryan Zimmerman (1B)
Starlin Castro (3B)
Hernan Perez (2B)
Andrew Stevenson (LF)
Jonathan Lucroy (C)
Erick Fedde (P)
Ronald Acuna Jr (RF)
Ozzie Albies (2B)
Freddie Freeman (1B)
Marcell Ozuna (LF)
Travis d’Arnaud (C)
Dansby Swanson (SS)
Austin Riley (3B)
Ender Inciarte (CF)
Max Fried (P)