Here is your daily Washington Nationals down on the farm report and what’s happening on Wednesday, May 4th.
Fredericksburg Nationals (Single-A)
Due to inclement weather, the May 3rd series opener between the FredNats and Lynchburg Hillcats has been postponed. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader Thursday, May 5th beginning at 4 pm.
The teams will meet to open the series with a single game Wednesday, May 4th at 6:30 pm. This year, Fredericksburg has a 7-2 road record and is coming off of five wins in six games at Kannapolis April 19-24. The meeting will be the first of the season for the FredNats and Hillcats. RHP Bryan Caceres (2-1, 7.07 ERA) is expected to get the Game 1 start for the FredNats.
- Matchup: Fredericksburg Nationals (14-7) vs. Lynchburg Hillcats (11-10)
- Game Time: 6:30 p.m. EDT
- Location: Bank of the James Stadium, Lynchburg, VA
- Pitchers: RHP Bryan Caceres (2-1, 7.07 ERA) vs. TBD
Wilmington Blue Rocks (High-A)
The Wilmington Blue Rocks (11-11) opened up their third home series on Tuesday night, May 3, against the Bowling Green Hot Rods (14-8). The Blue Rocks picked up a 3-2 victory to get back to .500 and maintain fourth place in the South Atlantic League North. Darren Baker hit a walk-off sacrifice fly to help the Wilmington Blue Rocks win 3-2.
During the game, Baker went 1-for-4 as the Blue Rocks’ leadoff hitter, reaching on an infield single on the game’s first pitch. On the year, the 23-year-old is batting .296 with a .761 OPS, seven extra-base hits, and 10 RBIs in 20 games.
- Matchup: Bowling Green Blue Rocks (14-8) vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks (11-11)
- Game Time: 6:35 p.m. EDT
- Location: Frawley Stadium, Wilmington, DE
- Pitchers: TBD vs. Wil Cuevas (0-2, 2.79 ERA)
Harrisburg Senators (Double-A)
The Harrisburg Senators snapped their mini two-game losing streak with a 6-5 win over the Bowie Baysox Tuesday night. The Sens scored three times in the first inning when the first four batters reached with the help of two doubles, a home run, and a double. The game went back and forth until the eighth inning, when Taylor Gushue homered for a second time providing the game-winning margin.
- Matchup: Harrisburg Senators (13-9) vs. Bowie Baysox (9-12)
- Game Time: 6:35 p.m. EDT
- Location: Prince George’s Stadium, Bowie, MD
- Pitchers: RHP Richard Guasch (2-2; 3.66 ERA) vs. LHP Drew Rom (1-1, 4.20 ERA)
Rochester Red Wings (Triple-A)
Wednesday’s Rochester Red Wings game vs. the Scranton/WB RailRiders at Frontier Field was postponed due to rain. The two teams will play a single-admission doubleheader on Saturday, May 7, with the first game beginning at 1:05 p.m.
- Matchup: RailRiders (9-14) vs. Rochester Red Wings (13-11)
- Game Time: 6:05 p.m. EDT
- Location: Frontier Field, Rochester, NY
- Pitchers: LHP Matt Krook (1-2; 1. 96 ERA) vs. TBD (2-0, 0.00 ERA)