Good Morning Washington Nationals Fans,
The latest headlines and analyses around the Washington Nationals for May 12, 2022.
Thank you for starting your day with us.
Follow us on Twitter for all the latest developments around lineups, rumors, headlines, and more about the Washington Nationals.
Upcoming Game Schedule
- Thursday, May 12, 2022: New York Mets vs. Washington Nationals; 1:05 p.m. EDT
- Friday, May 13, 2022: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals; 7:05 p.m. EDT
- Saturday, May 14, 2022: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals; 7:05 p.m. EDT
- Sunday, May 15, 2022: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals; 1:35 p.m. EDT
Leading this Morning’s Briefing: Behind the power of Juan Soto and Nelson Cruz, the Nationals put up five runs in the bottom of the first to beat the first-place New York Mets 8-3. Juan Soto hit a monster two-run home run, and Nelson Cruz (436-foot) followed with a home run in the second. The Nationals would add three in the bottom of the second; that is all that was needed to beat the first-place Mets.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball news and more throughout the day.
Upcoming Nationals Schedule
This afternoon, the Nationals will finish this three-game series against the New York Mets with the first pitch at 1:05 p.m. EDT.
Trending on the Website:
- Cole Henry vs. Cade Cavalli; Has Henry overtaken Cavalli as the Nationals’ top Pitching Prospect? Nats Report writer Henry takes a deep dive into Cole Henry and his recent success and asks whether Cole Henry has overtaken Cade Cavalli as the Nationals’ top pitching prospect. It is a must-read! Click here to read the full article.
- Perspective: In Rizzo, We Trust. This season will be a true test of this. Over the past few years, “InRizzoWeTrust” has been the motto of the Washington Nationals for a while, but is it time to come up with a new strategy. Click here to read the full article.
(Order your Nats Report Employee No. 11 t-shirt right now to get it in time to wear it for the weekend!)