Good Tuesday Morning, Happy June 1st!
Game Time Weather via the National Weather Service: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:20 pm EST
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:20 pm EST
- Thursday, June 3, 2021: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves, 12:20 pm EST
Today’s Top Story: The Washington Nationals Losing Streak is now at Five
Once again we are writing about another Washington Nationals loss. This time it was at the hands of the Atlanta Braves.
Even though Josh Bell and even Joe Ross helped the Nationals climb back to within one run of the Braves with a two run homerun and an RBI respectively the Washington Nationals weren’t able to complete their comeback and lost to the Braves 5-3 making their record 21-28 and putting them six games behind the first place Atlanta Braves in the NL East. Currently the Nationals are 8-13 when they are playing away from Nationals Park.
With a 5.73 ERA, .270/.365/.427 line against, and an (0-3) record in five starts and 22 IP to this point in May, Joe Ross took the mound last night in Atlanta looking to avoid going winless on the month, and he was coming off a solid if short outing this weekend due to rain.
Joe Ross’s Line: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 7 Ks, 1 HR, 87 P, 56 S, 3/4 GO/FO.
Just a quick note, this time last month, the Washington Nationals were in first place in the NL East. Over the last ten games the Nationals have gone 4-6. The Nationals now have a 4.6% chance of making the postseason and less than <0.1% to win the World Series… So there is some hope for Washington Nationals fans!
In other news…
Perspective: The Months of June and July are going to be the Most Important Two Months for the Washington Nationals in a long time.
During the offseason, we already believed that the Washington Nationals were at a crossroads and that a lot would be riding on the 2021 season. However, few of us thought that the decisive moments would come in June and July.
Must-Reads: Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines
- Sam Clay makes an appearance at the ballpark near where he grew up and went to college pictures via Talk Nats (Twitter Link)
- Robles active but not starting, Fedde likely needs rehab start via MASN Sports Washington
- Is Trea Turner slumping? That’s the last thing the Washington Nationals offense needs right now via Federal Baseball
- Washington Nationals success hinges on Joe Ross consistency via District on Deck
- For the Nats to have hope, they need more from Soto, Strasburg and Corbin via the Washington Post
- Washington Nationals’ Will Harris diagnosed with Thoracic outlet syndrome; surgery planned… via Federal Baseball
- Braves’ Marcell Ozuna arrested on domestic violence charges; MLB to investigate, per report via CBS Sports News
- Power Rankings: New team enters Top 5 via MLB
- As prosecution receives Marcell Ozuna’s domestic-violence charges, specter of lengthy MLB ban looms via USA Today Sport