The hits keep on coming for the Washington Nationals. After Max Scherzer left last night’s game only after 12 pitches, the Washington Nationals this morning announced a couple of roster moves regarding their pitching staff.
One of the biggest news coming out of these roster moves was the announcement that right-handed pitcher Daniel Hudson has been placed on the 10-day Injured List suffering from right elbow inflammation
In another move, the Washington Nationals placed right-handed pitcher Will Harris to the 60-day IL who is also suffering right-hand inflammation.
Washington Nationals announced that they have selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Jefry Rodriguez and Andres Machado. Rodriguez, 27, went 1–0 with a 7.56 ERA in six games (five starts) for Triple-A Rochester in 2021. He struck out 19 batters, walked 13 and allowed just one home run in 16.2 innings pitched. Rodriguez made his Major League debut with Washington in 2018 when he appeared in 14 games (eight starts), going 3–3 with a 5.71 ERA. Rodriguez was traded to Cleveland in the deal that brought Yan Gomes to Washington in 2018. He went 1–5 with a 4.63 ERA in 10 games (eight starts) for Cleveland in 2019.
Machado, 28, has pitched to a 0.96 ERA (1 ER/9.1 IP) with 12 strikeouts, two walks and nine hits allowed in seven appearances with Triple-A Rochester. Across his last four outings, Machado tossed 5.1 innings of scoreless relief with nine strikeouts and one walk. Left-handed batters went just 3-for-18 (.158) against him during his time with Rochester.
Here is the full list of roster moves made by the team today on Saturday, June 12, 2021:
- Returned from rehabilitation assignment and reinstated right-handed pitcher Erick Fedde from the Injured List
- Selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Jefry Rodriguez
- Selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Andres Machado, optioned him, and selected him as the 27th man for Saturday’s doubleheader
- Optioned outfielder Yadiel Hernandez to Triple-A Rochester
- Placed right-handed pitcher Daniel Hudson on the 10-day Injured List (retroactive to June 10) with right elbow inflammation
- Transferred right-handed pitcher Will Harris to the 60-day Injured List with right-hand inflammation.