BALTIMORE (MD) – The Washington Nationals look to continue their winning streak Wednesday night as they finish a two-game series against the Baltimore Orioles. After this two-game series, the Nationals will enjoy another day off on Thursday before facing off against the Texas Rangers in a three-game series this weekend.
The 2022 Beltway series will conclude at Nationals Park on September 13 – 14.
- Washington Nationals (25–46) at Baltimore Orioles (30–39)
- LHP Patrick Corbin (3–9, 6.59 ERA) | RHP Tyler Wells (4–4, 3.62 ERA)
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Game #72 / Road #34
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards | Baltimore, Md.
- TV: MASN 2 | Radio: 106.7 The Fan / Nationals Radio Network
Washington Nationals Game Notes
- The Washington Nationals starting pitching has improved greatly over the past few games. The Nationals starting pitching staff has not allowed an earned run in 21.0 consecutive innings which dates back to the fourth inning on June 17th vs. the Phillies. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the 21.0 inning streak is the longest active streak in MLB and it is tied for the fifth-longest streak in the Majors this season. Lastly, over the last three games, Nationals pitchers as a whole have allowed just one earned run in 28.0 innings (0.32 ERA) while holding opposing batters to a .149 average against (15-for-101, 2B, HR).
- Since May 20, 2022, Nelson Cruz has been pretty impressive at the plate. Over the past thirty games, Cruz is hitting .333/.410/.509 with 10 doubles, three home runs, 18 RBI, 13 walks, and one hit by pitch. Cruz ranks among National League hitters in on-base percentage (8th, .410), average (8th, .333), and hits T9th, 36) during this stretch.
- LHP Patrick Corbin will face Baltimore for the first time this season. His last start against the Orioles came on July 23, 2021, where he pitched 5.1 innings and allowed five runs (four earned), and gave up five hits. Corbin is 1-3 with a 5/34 ERA lifetime over five starts and six games facing the Orioles.