Washington D.C. – Tonight the Washington Nationals will kick off a three-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Washington Nationals are returning home after a five-game road trip. The Nationals are also coming off a series win against the Texas Rangers.
- Pittsburgh Pirates (29-43) vs. Washington Nationals (27-48)
- RHP Miguel Yajure (1-0; 11.32 ERA) vs. RHP Erick Fedde (5-5; 4.46)
- Monday, June 27, 2022 | 7:05 p.m. ET / Game #76 / Home Game #39
- Nationals Park | Washington D.C.
- TV: MASN | Radio: 106.7 The Fan / Nationals Radio Network
Washington Nationals Game Notes
- In the series finale against the Texas Rangers on Sunday afternoon, Juan Soto, Josh Bell, and Nelson Cruz combined went for 5-5 with a walk and a double.
- RHP Josiah Gray leads the Nationals League and is ranked second in Major League Baseball, with a 1.13 ERA (3 ER/ 24.0 IP) and opponents have a .221 slugging percentage during the month of June.
- The Washington Nationals starting rotation leads Major League Baseball in ERA with a 1.52. The 1.52 ERA is more than a full run better than the second-place Los Angeles Dodgers with a 2.53 ERA.
- Washington Nationals Manager Davey Martinez has been selected to be on the 2022 NL All-Star staff.
- Today, the Washington Nationals recalled left-handed pitcher Sam Clay from Triple-A Rochester and optioned left-handed pitcher Francisco Perez to Triple-A Rochester on Monday. Clay, 29, joins the Nationals for his fourth Major League stint this season. He went 1–2 with a 3.10 ERA (7 ER/20.1 IP) with 20 strikeouts and seven walks in 21 relief appearances for Rochester. He tossed scoreless relief in 17 of the 21 outings. Clay has appeared in five games out of the Nationals’ bullpen this season. Perez, 24, recorded a 7.27 ERA across 10 relief appearances for the Nationals in 2022.
- The Nationals will host the second annual Deaf Awareness Day at Nationals Park, raising awareness for the deaf and hard of hearing community.