Chicago, IL – The Washington Nationals are in Chicago to face the Cubs for a three-game series. RHP Aníbal Sánchez will get the start tonight, looking for his first win of the 2022 season. Currently, Sánchez is 0-4 with an ERA of 7.65.
The Washington Nationals will host the Cubs next week at Nats Park for three games. It is the second leg of a two-city, seven-game road trip that includes four games in Philadelphia (0–4). Washington suffered a four-game sweep in Philadelphia with a 13–1 loss on Sunday to the Phillies Luke Voit (two hits) and Cesar Hernandez (three hits) accounted for five of the Nationals’ seven hits on the day. Starting tonight’s game, the Nationals will play only two opponents over their next four series and 15 days (Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres).
- Luke Voit is on a 17-game on-base streak (18 H, 6 BB, 3 HBP, .400 OBP) that is good for the fourth-longest active MLB on-base streak…Since joining the Nationals on Thursday, Voit is 6-for-13 (.462), with a home run, two RBI, two walks, a hit by pitch and two runs scored.
- Luis García has hit safely in his last 11 games, going 15-for-44 (.341) with two doubles, a triple, two homers, 10 RBI, and three runs scored. Since joining the Nationals on June 1, Garcia ranks among National League hitters in hits (T11th, 63) and doubles (T14th, 13).
- RHP Aníbal Sánchez makes his 10th career start against the Cubs tonight. He is 5-2 with a 2.94 ERA in his previous nine starts, including 3-1 with a 3.18 ERA in six starts at Wrigley Field. In his last two starts at Wrigley Field, he has allowed a combined four hits and one earned run in 14.1 innings (April 13, 2018: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 6 SO and August 23, 2019: 8.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 6 SO).
- Washington Nationals ( 36-74) vs. Chicago Cubs ( 43-64)
- RHP Aníbal Sánchez ( 0-4; 7.65 ERA) vs. RHP Keegan Thompson ( 8-5; 3.48 ERA)
- Monday, August 8, 2022 | 8:05 p.m. ET | Game #111 / Road #54
- Wrigley Field | Chicago, IL
- TV: MASN | Radio: 106.7 The Fan / Nationals Radio Network
Washington Nationals Lineup
Chicago Cubs Lineup