Washington D.C. – Tonight, the Washington Nationals look to avoid a sweep by the Atlanta Braves after dropping last night’s game 8-2. Luke Voit went 2-for-4 with two doubles and one RBI, while Victor Robles hit his sixth home run.
The Nationals continue their final homestand of the 2022 season on Wednesday night. Following this series with the Braves, the Nationals will enjoy a day off on Thursday before facing off against the Philadelphia Phillies in a four-game series starting Friday.
- Over his last 15 starts, Victor Robles is hitting .286 (14-for-49) with one triple, two homers, four RBI, two walks, one stolen base, and four runs scored. Robles has hit safely in 12 of the 15 games. Robles leads National League centerfielders (3rd among MLB CF) with 11 defensive runs saved, according to FanGraphs.com.
- Washington Nationals SS CJ Abrams ranks 10th in the National League (2nd among NL rookies) with a .304 batting average since Sept. 3. Abrams has five doubles, two triples, six RBI, one hit by pitch, three stolen bases, and 11 runs scored in 20 games over this stretch. Since Abrams’ debut with the Nationals, the Nationals have improved from ranking 29th in the MLB in opponent average on grounders batting average (.275) to fifth in opponents batting average on ground balls (.217 opp. AVG).
- RHPJosiah Gray faces the Braves for the second time this season and the third time in his career. Allowed just one hit in 5.0 scoreless innings on April 13 at Atlanta. Gray was credited with the win in Washington’s 3-1 victory. In his last start with the Nationals, he allowed four earned runs on eight hits with four strikeouts and one walk in 6.0 innings on Sept. 23 at Miami. Gray ranks seventh in the National League (min. 135 IP) with 9.59 strikeouts per 9.0 innings. Gray has had three 10+ strikeout games this season, the most of any Nationals pitcher. Patrick Corbin is the only other Nationals pitcher with a 10-strikeout game.
- Atlanta Braves (97–58) vs. Washington Nationals (53–101)
- RHP Jake Odorizzi (5–6, 4.61) vs. RHP Josiah Gray (7–10, 5.17)
- Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Game #155 / Home #77
- Nationals Park | Washington, D.C.
- TV: MASN | Radio: 106.7 The Fan / Nationals Radio Network