Good Morning, Washington Nationals Fans. Here are the latest headlines and analyses around the Washington Nationals for Tuesday, August 10, 2021.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021: Washington Nationals v. New York Mets; 7:10 pm EDT
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021: Washington Nationals v. New York Mets; 7:10 pm EDT
- Thursday, August 12, 2021: Washington Nationals v. New York Mets; 12:10 pm EDT
- Friday, August 13, 2021: Atlanta Braves v. Washington Nationals; 7:05 pm EDT
Today’s Top Story: Call Me Crazy, but I’m excited about the Nats future
No matter how depressing the last two weeks have been for Nationals fans, by trading away fan favorites such as Trea Turner and Max Scherzer, and some heartbreaking losses, the future of the Washington Nationals is going to be fun to watch.
Nationals visit the New York Mets
Tonight, the Nationals start a three-game series against the now third-place New York Mets. The Mets are coming off losing some serious ground in the NL East over the weekend. Here are the projected pitching matchups for the series:
- RHP Paolo Espino (3-3, 3.66 ERA) vs. RHP Carlos Carrasco (0-0, 3.24 ERA)
- RHP Joe Ross (5-9, 4.02 ERA) vs. LHP Rich Hill (6-4, 3.92 ERA)
- RHP Erick Fedde (4-8, 5.15 ERA) vs. RHP Marcus Stroman (7-4, 2.83 ERA)
Welcome to the Nats Report: Henry & Haden
With some new Nationals making their appearances, we at The Nats Report are excited to have Henry and Haden join the Nats Report as contributors to the site. Both of them are extremely passionate about the Nationals and I look forward to reading about their perspective about the future of the team. Here are two articles that they just published that I think that you might enjoy!
- Three Nationals Prospects to Watch Out for in the Future
- Perspective: It is Too Early to Judge Carter Kieboom?
Latest Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball Headlines
- 50 games remaining of evaluation via TalkNats
- Washington Nationals’ Luis García continues to tap into more power at the plate in 2021 via Federal Baseball
- Washington Nationals: Riley Adams has a flair for the dramatic via District on Deck
- Full coaching staff set to return at last tonight in New York via MASN
- Why Nats’ Zimmerman insists Corbin is ‘going to rebound’ via NBC Sports Washington
- In bench role, ‘healthy’ Zim ties team record via MLB.com
- Washington Nationals’ Josiah Gray brings heat and elite breaking balls to rotation… via Federal Baseball
- Nationals Notebook: Not-so-summery start for new-look Nats via WTOP Radio
- MLB, Barstool Sports in significant talks to broadcast games via New York Post
- Minnesota town cries foul at Major League Baseball’s plan to close local factory via Minnesota Star Tribune
- Rockies say fan who appeared to yell racial slur at Lewis Brinson was shouting ‘Dinger’ at mascot via Yahoo Sports!